Year Round Sunscreen
While we all know that it is important to wear sunscreen in the summer to avoid sunburn, did you know that sunscreen should be worn year-round? Most of the sun’s rays can pass through clouds, so even if it is cloudy outside, you could still be damaging your skin if you are not protecting it. In the winter months, the snow can even reflect UV rays, increasing your risk for sun damage. That is why, no matter the weather or season, sunscreen is a very important part of your daily skincare routine.
There are many reasons why sunscreen should be applied daily, with the most important being:
- It protects your skin from UV rays.
- It lowers your risk for skin cancer.
- It prevents premature skin aging.
- It helps to maintain an even skin tone.
- You have a higher risk for skin cancer if you have red hair.
At our office, we offer a large selection of sunscreens and sun protection products that are proven to keep your skin healthy. These products include:
- EltaMD UV Lotion SPF 30: This sunscreen is great for all skin types!
- EltaMD Clear SPF 45: This sunscreen is lightweight and oil-free to protect sensitive and acne-prone skin. It contains hyaluronate to hydrate and lactic acid to clear pores and reduce shine.
- EltaMD UV Aero Broad-spectrum SPF 45: This sunscreen is ideal for protecting any part of the body from the sun.
- EltaMD Lip balm SPF 31: This lip sunscreen is effective, and stays on all day!
- SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense: This water-resistant sunscreen is a must-have for every day. This is Dr. Erwin’s personal favorite!
- SkinCeuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50: This sunscreen is great for all skin types, and is water-resistant.
- SkinCeuticals Physical Matte UV Defense SPF 50: This sunscreen is great for oily or acne-prone skin.
- SkinCeuticals Sport SPF 50: Great for all skin types, this sunscreen is water, sweat, and heat resistant.
- SkinCeuticals Light Moisture: This sunscreen is great for daily use on the face and body.
- Colorescience Sunforgettable Total Protection Brush-On SPF 50: As a brush-on sunscreen, it is great for avoiding greasy messes! Available in tinted and non-tinted.
- Colorescience Even Up Pigment Perfector SPF 50: This product evens out skin tone while protecting your skin from UV rays.
- Colorescience All Calm: This product naturalizes redness, and provides sun protection. It is great for sensitive skin.
- Colorescience Total Eye 3 in 1 Renewal Therapy SPF 35: Is great for improving dark circles, wrinkles, and puffiness around the eyes. The tinted formula also brightens while protecting the skin.
- Colorescience Lip Shine SPF 50: This water-resistant lip balm protects your delicate lips from UV rays.
- ISDIN SPF 50: Is used to protect and repair the skin to prevent precancerous lesions.
Contact Us Today
If you are interested in learning more about the importance of daily sun protection or would like to learn more about our sunscreen products, contact our office today by calling (979) 612-2761 or completing the online form! We will be happy to assist you in any way that we can.